Monday, November 13, 2006

Promenade

11-13-06 SHORT HILLS: I spent Thursday through Sunday baby-sitting for Maggie and Lucy while Val and Steve gamboled in Las Vegas. I had a few hours of help from Judy on Saturday when the dogs were resting. The girls are old enough that it was almost easy. While they were in school on Friday, I took the camera and did the Brooklyn Bridge and the Heights Promenade. As you can see it was beautiful. Mid-November and people were promenading in tee shirts. We still haven’t had a frost in NJ, maybe it will cool off by January.

The leaves are falling even if its warm. The rain started again on Saturday and the ground is sopping again. About half of the wood chips I put down in September got picked up with the leaves leaving the mud behind. If the foresters can ante-up more chips, I’ll lay them down after the last leaf has left, and I bet that deals with the mud.
Liberty and the NJ ports.

Brooklyn Bridge, Manhattan tower.

No comments: