Thursday, April 10, 2008

Yummy Summer Day.

4-10-08 SHORT HILLS: Today was beautiful, warm and sunny. It was the first day of the season that felt hot. The breeze on my face felt warm for the first time. Yesterday I planted a pink flowering dogwood [Cornus X ‘Rutgan’ PP7207] in the area where the ash tree got blown down in early March. Of course, there was a huge root in the spot where I chose to plant it after I had half a hole dug. I exposed the root and cut it out with the cordless saber saw. It was a big job, I hope the dogwood, and Judy, are appreciative.

Today I fertilized all the spring bulbs and flowers and a few shrubs I missed last time. I used 40 pounds of Vigro 10-10-10. It being a hot day, I turned on the sprinklers and tested all the zones. Three heads needed servicing, they get blocked by debris. Add a bit more pruning and it’s a full half day.

New blooms: anemone, squill, more daffodils.


Anemone.

Goldfinch in his summer clothes.

No comments: