Sunday, September 20, 2009

Foundation Plantings.

9-20-09 SHORT HILLS: It has been sunny and dry, and is time to restart the sprinklers. We are getting the house painted next month which means I have to trim back all the foundation planting for the painters. I decided to take out the yew trees and holly trees growing in front of the living room windows. They want to be the trees that they are, but must be trimmed or sheared repeatedly to keep them from covering the windows. I hate how foundation plants get cut into cubes and spheres anyway. The natural shape of trees and shrubs are far more pleasing than any geometric figures. I will replace them with flowering shrubs that won’t cover the windows. A fun project for the post painting period.

Friday we are off to sail the Croatian Adriatic with Bill, Lynn, Dave and Gail. I have no idea if WiFi is available anywhere so there may be no posts until we’re back.

No comments: