Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fear of Fifty.

6-10-10 VERMONT: Rain today, the first since Sunday and just in time to save me from watering rounds. So far we have had no wind or electricity with the rain. It’s in the fifties and damp and chilly. The heat is back on in the house with eleven days until the summer equinox.

Yesterday I didn’t do much except a little weeding. If it clears a little this afternoon, I’ll plant a new tomato to replace the sickly one and a couple rosemary.

Tomorrow begins the weekend observation of my fiftieth [gasp?!] college reunion. I was talking with my classmate Bill a few days ago. It seemed to both of us that only a couple days had gone by since we were in a bar someplace talking about getting out of college. Assuming the calendar is correct, and that was actually many years ago, it's shocking, depressing, astounding, devastating and impossible how quickly it all flew by.

New blooms: water lily.


Polyphemus Moth. This guy [gal?] was knocking on the screen door yesterday morning. I sent him [her?] back outside for this portrait. Handsome creature.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel about time. The same happens to me, it seems like yesterday and when I meet my school chums I expect to see them still young. Yep it's a bit sad, but let's cheer up.