Friday, November 05, 2010

Gray Day.

11-5-10 VERMONT: Judy and I both drove up here yesterday in the rain and fog and arrived within a few seconds of each other. The rain continued over night and into the morning and tapering off after noon. It’s still dark, dank, damp, cloudy, foggy, cold and everything is dripping wet.

In the afternoon I went out with the dogs and walked around the half-mowed pasture. I hope Josh gets to do the rest before the snow. The little pond, empty in August, is now overflowing. There are puddles in every hollow. I did a few chores as I came across them. I pulled out corn stalks and tomato vines, filled the bird feeders, cleared some dead fall in the forest, put the small pasture gate away and removed some horse barriers now that Brady the horse is back at Janet’s.

There are actually still a few flowers around—lamium, sedum, monkshood, feverfew, witch hazel, asters and maybe a few others. Oaks, beeches, willows, are still holding on to a few brown leaves and only the occasional berry bearer has color.


Gray, foggy, misty, dark, damp, cold, dripping day with puddles.

No comments: