Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Ice Storm.

2-2-11 SHORT HILLS: We got sleet and ice over night coating branches and trees and bending or breaking everything. It has warmed to the thirties and some melting has happened, but not enough to really help. Tonight back to freezing weather. Today is ground-hog day, and I am sure no ground-hog anywhere saw his/her shadow. So, according to legend, spring begins soon. I’m ready.

Burning Bush-the fire is out.

Bamboo doesn't like ice, ice doesn't like bamboo.

Iced Apple.

Passaic River with ice, but no egrets or herons. Same spot as post of 12-16-10.

Cardinal and Sparrow enjoying sunflower seeds.

1 comment:

Lori at Jarvis House said...

We are covered withice too. I had a really hard time getting outside with mycamera because my back steps are stone! The gutters are covered with ice cycles. Yipes. I hope that the bushes psring back. *Sigh*