Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Galapagos Birds III.

1-10-12 SHORT HILLS: Here are the last of my Galapagos birds. There are a few repeats. I think we saw, and ID’d, about half of the birds listed in the guide, Wildlife of the Galapagos, J. Fitter, D. Fitter and D. Hosking, Princeton Univ. Press, 2000.

I will dig out my slides from our previous trip and see if I have some different birds to add in another post.

Again, the captions show—Island, Species, resident status. I think some of the Plovers were in winter plumage and some in breeding plumage. Anybody have a different take?


Baltra, immature Egret, resident.

Santa Cruz, Smooth-billed Ani, introduced.

Santa Cruz, Wandering Tattler, migrant.

Isabela, Whimbrel, migrant.

Isabela, Semi-palmated Plover, migrant.

Isabela, Black-necked Stilt, found only in Galapagos.

Isabela, White-cheeked Pintail, found only in Galapagos, subspecies found elsewhere.

Isabela, Black-necked Stilt, found only in Galapagos.

Isabela, White-cheeked Pintail, found only in Galapagos, subspecies found elsewhere.

Isabela, Common Gallinule, resident and found elsewhere.

Floreana, Sanderling, migrant.

No comments: