Saturday, April 20, 2013

New Butterfly.

4-20-13 SHORT HILLS: Yesterday was tropically warm and sultry, so I got the wheelbarrow out of the garage, loaded up fertilizer, two bags, one for the acidophiles and one for everybody else. I gave everyone their spring feeding. It took longer than usual because every job is harder and slower with the boot, except for typing. I also did a bit more pruning.

There was a T-storm last night, and today is cool and windy. I got back to pruning and used the cordless saber saw to remove some broken branches caused by winter snow. I have a couple piles for the dump on Monday.

Val and Lucy are visiting. Lucy and Maizie each made a new friend.

New blooms: pear tree, white ash.


Mourning Cloak butterfly with a couple of bites out of the left wings.

Daffodils get prettier as the season moves along.

No comments: