Wednesday, June 05, 2013

New Jersey Quartet Arrives.

6-5-13 VERMONT: The last two days have been gorgeous and the nights cool, if not cold. Yesterday I did a ton of weeding and pruning and have now weeded all the beds once.

I pruned the big apple tree. It’s branches get lower each year requiring more pruning for headroom under the tree. The big honeysuckle bush had covered a bunch of stuff beneath it almost to the point of darkness, so I took a lot of it off, and now I have a respectable pile of branches for chipping.

Today I cleaned up all the weeding piles, and, with Dan’s help, put out all the benches, the rowboat, the hammock and the summer stuff. I watered the veggies and put a new fence rail in place.

Judy and the dogs arrived about two, and we walked the dogs around the pasture. The pasture is full of wild flowers—blue-eyed grass, buttercup, Indian paint brush in yellow and orange, clover in red and white, fleabane, daisy, vetch, yarrow and more. It’s beautiful, but hard to photograph, wide-angle shots lose the color, and close-ups lose the panorama.

New blooms: Solomon’s seal, Asiatic lilac, wild flowers.


I see four colors of azalea in there-orange, red, pink and salmon.

Judy, Nick, Gus and Maizie showed up this afternoon.

Maizie gets her first boat ride.

No comments: