Thursday, March 06, 2014

Skiing.

3-6-14 VERMONT: I came north when the forecast promised warmer weather in hopes of getting in some skiing before the end of the season. Vermont is snowy again with snow in the pasture up to the bottom rail of the three-rail fence. Today was cloudless, windless and in the low twenties after a sub-zero night.

I went to the Dartmouth Skiway after some errands in the morning. The Skiway was groomed to perfection except for the trails allowed to form moguls. I was there for two hours today and hope to do more tomorrow. I was again reminded how much I enjoy sliding downhill on the snow. I can’t tolerate weather colder than today’s any more, and I am not the first one on the lift in the morning any more, and I’m not looking for steeps, powder or bumps any more, but carving turns on groomed trails is still fun.

The neighbors are getting ready for sugaring, spring must be just over the horizon.


The Dartmouth Skiway on a blue sky day.

iPhone selfie.

No comments: