Thursday, May 26, 2016

Corn and Tomatoes.

5-26-16 VERMONT: The veggies are in. Yesterday I fertilized the beds, replaced the soaker hose after testing it for leaks, replaced the black plastic mulch after reversing the positions of the corn and tomatoes. Stapled everything down, and planted the tomatoes and herbs. I did four varieties of tomato, three each of ‘Best Boy’, ‘Early Girl’, ‘Sun Sugar’, and four of ‘Sun Gold’. The last two are cherry tomatoes. I also planted sweet basil, rosemary and dill.

Today I planted the corn seeds—a super sweet hybrid, and put sage and oregano in the herb bed by the kitchen. That bed has chives, thyme, oregano and tarragon that over-wintered. I watered for a couple hours and will turn on the fence charger tomorrow. While there are always things to be done, I am caught up for the moment.

New blooms: baneberry, daylily, lily-of-the-valley.


Lily of the Valley, yet another small, white, inverted bell-like flower, not unlike the others I have recently shown.

Daylily definitely the first to open.

French lilacs are all blooming, here in pink....

Here in violet...

Magenta....

And, of course, white.

No comments: