Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Spring Again.

4-26-23 SHORT HILLS: Spring is in full swing, except that it’s cool. The heat is off, and we’re in AC mode because of the hot days about two weeks ago. I know if I switch back to heat, the temps will soar into the nineties.


I have been doing yard work, a little bit at a time. With Judy’s help, I  pulled a huge clematis off from shrubs that were getting overwhelmed by the vines. The clematis will be back, but much smaller. I have been pruning shrubs that were damaged by the drought last summer, but cautiously to give anything that might recover a full chance.


New blooms: azalea, horse chestnut, Korean spice viburnum, nannyberry viburnum, sweet woodruff, wood hyacinth, clatonia, wild strawberry, yellow lamium, ajuga.

It's hard to find anything more vivid than azaleas.
Maybe redbud?
Or Kwansan cherry?
Or even dogwood?
Or a viburnum like this Korean spice viburnum, very sweet aroma.

No comments: