Thursday, July 30, 2026

A Fair Day.

7-30-26 VERMONT: It’s been a busy week. We went to the North Haverhill Fair  on a weekday afternoon to miss the crowds. The horses did a pull, one of several competitions, depending on size of the horses. We watched teenage farmers drive their oxen teams through a labyrinthine course. We shared a bloomin’ onion and a lemonade.


Later I rehabbed the picnic table on the deck, replacing the table top and seats with spruce. A lot of the rest of it is now pressure treated wood, but not the parts that come in contact with people. That took two days, interrupted by rain. I also replaced a table leg and a support with PT.


The yard is full of immature birds learning to fly. I watched a baby robin following a parent around pecking for bugs.


New blooms: echinacea, cup plant, fleece flower.

Immature songsparrow paused for a pic.
Horses in their best ouitfits.
Kids and their teams.
Cows waiting for their show.
What makes a Fair a Fair.
Echinacea with two fritillaries and a tiger swallowtail.
A tired carpenter and assistant taking a break.

No comments: