8-31-26 VERMONT: Back to NJ tomorrow. We’ve been packing and clearing out the frig, clearing the deck, closing and locking the doors, saying good-bye to the horses, birds and butterflies. The painter are due to arrive today to start the job as is the roofer to repair a damaged panel. Scott will repair the storm doors.
Emmett and parents left yesterday. Emmett said that he didn't want to leave. I feel the same way. We had dinner with Shari and Dave at their house yesterday and will eat with Cousin John in town tonight.
I always hate the end of summer, even though fall has a lot to offer. We will be back for leaf season in October and after that for Xmas. But then comes the long slog of winter, cold and darkness. I used to be OK with winter because of skiing, but I haven’t done that in a long time.
New blooms: bottle gentian.
We went to Barnard to hear neighbor Steve and his band, Blind Squirrel, play for a street dance, also a chance to get a maple creamee. One could sit in a firetruck at Barnard. Neighbor Gail brought us a monarch crystalis that hatched as we watched and hung around.


No comments:
Post a Comment