9-25-26 SHORT HILLS: We are waiting for the Nor’easter coming up the coast. It’s south of us, around DC now. The weather people are calling for Gloom and Doom—we’ll see. We did get 0.4 inches of rain a few days ago. The wind has been from the northeast for a few days. Yesterday I was watching the clouds from the porch, where I was resting after filling the feeders. It doesn’t take much to get me tired now. Anyway, the clouds were moving southwest pretty quickly pushed by the northeast wind, but I noticed that much higher clouds, thinner and wispier, were moving north at a slower rate.
Years ago when I was up in a balloon, the honcho said that the wind is often moving in different directions at different altitudes. So ballooners can go higher or lower to change direction.
They’re talking about heavy rain and high winds, flooding, trees down, high surf. There is a full moon, so tides will be higher. We are on the west side of the Orange Mountains, so the Nor’easters are blunted by the mountains.
I’ll issue a bulletin from within the storm if it happens.
Pink sky and red burning bushes waiting for the storm. Red finches on the feeders, I thought the one on the right was a pine siskin at first, but Merlin says no.
No comments:
Post a Comment