Monday, November 10, 2008

More Winterizing.

11-10-08 VERMONT: I go back to NJ tomorrow for our fall trip to San José on Thursday. I am scheduled to give a Geology lecture to both Eoin’s and Joey’s classes on Friday. I’ll need Wednesday to pack the rocks.

So, today was busy here. I finished winterizing the garden beds, I repaired the wire fence, I inspected all the “POSTED” signs, Judy, some needed re-stapling and others needed replacing. Being in the woods, I wore an orange cap even though the hunters are all at work on a Monday morning. I filled some gopher holes in the gardens and spread MoleMax on all the beds. Then I blew the leaves out of the driveway and away from the sides of the garage and the last few that accumulated on the lawn under the willow and apple trees and under the big viburnum.

Tomorrow morning I’ll squirt foam in some new holes in the field stone cellar walls. I saw daylight through the walls a few days ago in the NE corner of the old house.

Today we had sun, clouds and two squalls, both with snow, but one with hail as well, a rare treat.


Stone Walls on Display with the Gardens Cut Back.

Snow Squall.

No comments: