Thursday, October 27, 2011

'The Big Year.'

10-27-11 SHORT HILLS: We have another rainy day and frost warnings in NJ for the first time this season.

I saw, by myself, ‘The Big Year’, that movie about birding with Steve Martin, Jack Black and Owen Wilson. I loved it. The movie has had mediocre reviews that complained that it wasn’t funny enough and that the plot was predictable. While that may be partly true, the point, for me, was about the great shots of the birds and the remote places one may go to see them. I thought the compulsive, competitive behavior of the birders was secondary to the gorgeous cinematography. The reviewers missed the point. I give it two talons up.


The still photos in Rotten Tomatoes, 14 of them, show none of the birds, only actors. What's up with that?

1 comment:

Debbie said...

We liked it a lot too, but given all the serious birders in the family, that was no surprise.