Monday, May 27, 2019

Back to the Future Tomorrow.

5-27-19 VERMONT: The last two days have been beautiful. They would have been perfect except for the black flies. I’m continuing to get the place in shape for Anna and Gardner’s Wedding in June.

I replaced two fence rails, one of them had to be made from a locust sapling because it needed to be 11.5 feet long. All the standard rails are 10 feet long. I added some more plant supports. I removed wire cages from elm saplings by the road. I watered all the new stuff. Much weeding was done and a bit more pruning. I skimmed the pond again. There are definitely five turtles, perhaps more. Judy bought a colorful basket for her pumpkin cart at Gardeners Supply.

NJ tomorrow.

New blooms: quince, marsh marigold, bane berry, Mohican viburnum.


The front of the new house with Judy's cart

Newly adorned pumpkin cart.

Very early AM game cam pic of deer near the small pond. Notice the time? DST would be an hour later, of course, but that time is still about half an hour before sunup.

Primrose volunteer.

Quince. Quince opened in NJ on 4-22-19, more than a month ago.

No comments: