Monday, May 16, 2022

Itoh Opens.

5-16-22 SHORT HILLS: I’ve been back on the shear and snip patrol, working my way around the yard. The yard looks great. Judy says I take pix of flowers, but not the yard, so she took a bunch that I edited down to fifteen nice shots. I’ll post some today.


We’ve had showers and everything stays well watered. The Itoh peony that I planted here put out its first flower. It had a head start on the peonies and tree peonies, which both have big buds.


New blooms: Itoh peony, purple rhododendron, May apple, lilac, Carolina all spice. 

Our first Itoh peony flower. It's not quite fully open.
Judy pic of the front corner with lots of different green shades.
Behind the house, Judy catches azalea, chestnut, pulmonaria, viburnums in bloom.
The side yard with a viburnum and young Japanese maple on either side of the bench.
Another one of Judy's pix showing lilac, bridal-wreath spirea, chestnut, azaleas and the back of the house.
Purple rhododendron is the second type of rhodo to open here.
Red-bellied woodpecker.

No comments: