Monday, April 10, 2023

First Plantings.

4-10-23 SHORT HILLS: I trimmed and pruned the junipers that border the driveway today and tidied up the rest of the driveway. I think the pink clematis is dead or mostly dead. Yesterday I replanted the small bed next to the driveway that had been used as access to the yard by the tree company. A flowering viburnum and a yew were lost in that process.


I planted an Okema cherry, two azaleas, and a PJM Rhode. I used a big bag of top soil to compensate for the compaction caused by the machinery. The plants were Prunus ‘Okame’, Rhododendron PJM Group, R. ‘Hershey Red’, R. ‘Blaauw’s Pink’. The PJM is in flower, but the others are not open yet.


New blooms: pink daffodil, trout lily. 

One of the male cardinals.
Pink daffodil.
Mourning Dove posing on the roof.

No comments: