Sunday, June 04, 2023

A Change in the Weather.

6-4-23 VERMONT: It finally rained, 0.75 inches, yesterday and some showers today. Things were very dry before the rain. It dropped from record-setting nineties to fifty with wind and overcast. I was outside doing pruning and other chores all day and got cold. I knew I shouldn’t have taken out the storms and put the screens in.


We are off to NJ and won’t be back until the 20th. With the unpredictable weather, I’m glad I didn’t plant anything new or get tomatoes until we are here for the season. The ponds have stayed pretty clear so far, but I treated them today.


Eoin and Morgan left yesterday by the Dartmouth Coach to Logan. I remember when we had to fly to SFO to pick the boys. We look forward to their next visit.


We ate at Saap in Randolph, and we were disappointed. We had liked it better on previous times. Night before last we all went to Elixir in WRJ and were pleased. 


New blooms: lupin, rogersia, bachelor button, poppy, anemone.  

Eoin and Morgan.
Poppy makes a bold statement.
Lupin and Rogersia, neighbors.
Creeping Veronica says blue for about a week.
Pagoda dogwood. For dogwood fans--the leaf looks familiar, but not the flower.
Blanca on the bridge. [Judy's photo]
Blue in the brook with the primrose. [Judy's photo]

No comments: