Tuesday, August 04, 2026

August Arrives.

8-4-26 VERMONT: We had a deluge yesterday and got almost an inch in an hour. It was the hardest rain I’ve seen in a long time, but no wind and no electricity. All the gardens look refreshed today.


We had dinner at RedCan Saturday and go to Tapis tomorrow. The window washers were supposed to be here tomorrow, I took all the screens out, but are coming later this week. Instead Pinnacle Tree is coming tomorrow for multiple pruning jobs. 


New blooms: lily, white turtle head, rocket ligularia, goose neck loosestrife, Joe Pye weed, helenium, golden rod, fall anemone, aster.   


Helenium, also called sneeze weed because it's out at the same time as ragweed.
Lily. As the daylilies finish, the true lilies begin. They also have a nice aroma.
White turtlehead. We also have Pink turtlehead which blooms much later in the season. I think the name is a stretch.
Fall Anemone is very early this year, as are many other things. Perhaps it's due to the heat wave in May.
Hummers can't get enough of Bee Balm.
The whole beak in the flower.

No comments: