Monday, September 11, 2006

Nine/Eleven

9-11-06 SHORT HILLS: It is a beautiful day just as it was five years ago this date. I have been avoiding all the ceremonies and replays on TV and talk shows “where were you”s as so much overload, at least for me. I remember. It was life altering and a historic watershed. I get no solace or reassurance from all the blah, blah, blah.

Obviously most of the subsequent reactions and responses on the part of the administration have been misplaced and gotten us into the present Iraqian quagmire and alienated us from a lot of the rest of the world, blowing off the sympathy and good-will of honest folks everywhere. The incumbent executives have also used and turned what happened to their own purposes to advance their own agendas and their own re-elections, playing on people’s fear of recurrences, to the detriment of our national interest.

I feel angrier at them than at the perps.

1 comment:

Bob said...

Yeh well said. I bet you're glad you are smart enough to make a living without having to resort to being a politician, I know I am.