Monday, July 02, 2007

Gardeners Work is Never Done.

7-2-07 VERMONT: I have been a busy bee, or is it beaver, since we’ve been here, three days, I think. I’ll list the stuff I did that I can remember, in no special order. Lots of pruning of over-grown trees and shrubs covering rhododendron, azalea, japanese maple, magnolias, flower beds, weeding in random spurts, lots of watering [it’s very dry here], trimmering [new word] around roses, veggie garden, driveway, mowed mint stand in pasture to cover and smother, planted two new hostas-‘Sum and Substance’, planted a Cotoneaster adpressus var. praecox near the front porch, spread mole repellent, thinned the corn to one stalk per mound, thinned pumpkins, watered the elms, hauled away all the prunings and trimmings, fertilized blueberries, and stuff I forgot.

It has been cool and windy, actually in the forty’s at night. It is nice for working, not hot and the wind clears the bugs, but it is dry, the soil I turned for the plantings was dry as beach sand to one foot depth.

New blooms: money plant, astilbe, more spirea, trascantia, russian sage, salvia, summer snow, summer azalea, phlox, campanula, fever few, summer sweet, bishops weed, rhodo.

Dianthus.

Roses on the fence.

No comments: