Tuesday, July 17, 2007

New Bed.

7-17-07 VERMONT: I’ve decided the grass out front by the Bed Below Pines [BBP] is a scruffy mess. The bed inhabitants keep trying to escape and invade the grass area. I‘ve thrown in with the bed friends and started pulling out all the grass yesterday. I rescued about six hostas from oblivion under the honeysuckle trees and replanted them in the newly de-grassed area, added a few pavers to the walkway and moved the rock border of BBP forward to the edge of the walkway.

Today I pulled ten burning bush volunteers out from under that same stand of honeysuckle and moved them to the south end of the yard at the wall bordering the woods. Then I pruned the Mohican viburnum that the robins had appropriated for their nest now that the chicks have all left. They grow up so fast nowadays. Then I rescued a hosta from underneath that viburnum and some others, five in total, and extended the new BBP.

New blooms: pale yellow day lily—these might be my favorite day lilies.

Here it is, finally. It took three days to get this one picture up.

No comments: