Friday, August 10, 2007

Discovered Evening Primrose.

8-10-07 VERMONT: We’ve had a couple chilly days. Today was in the 60’s and breezy. I have been eating lunch out of the pasture and yard—raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and tomatoes.

The pond has been murky and brown from algae growth. Last week I threw in a packet of the septic treatment and today a bag of lime, 40 pounds, spread from the sides and in the middle from the boat. We ordered some barley straw, which treats algae by decomposing through a couple stages to release small amounts of hydrogen peroxide that clears the algae. I think it has already started to clear a bit.

Evening primrose has appeared in the BBDE from the place where I pulled all the day lilies in the spring. I just recognized it now that it bloomed. I have been watching the plant and waiting for the flower to appear for the ID.

Judy and I canoed Mink Brook. We saw ducks and lots of cattails.

New blooms: evening primrose.

Black Swallowtail.

Gardener Takes a Break.

No comments: