Sunday, May 04, 2008

Weeds and Flowers.

5-4-08 SHORT HILLS: The rain stopped today and the sun came out. Things dried off enough for me to paint the wrought iron porch supports in front of the house in which the wisteria were entwined. After scrapping and painting with white Rustoleum, I planted a purple clematis to compete with or replace the wisteria on one side.

Yesterday I planted two Manhattan euonymus along the back fence in adjacent spots that are now sunny since the neighbors took down trees that shaded that area. They will allegedly get to eight feet tall and wide.

The rose-of-sharon started to show leaves about three days ago. They always wait until the last minute, and until I am on the verge of cutting them down as dead.

New blooms: yellow barberry by the pool fence, I forgot to mention two weeds, wild garlic mustard and wild mustard as being in bloom. Why do I mention weeds? The difference between weeds and flowers is totally subjective. They are all plants doing what species do, propgating themselves.


Rhododendron. [Not a weed.]

No comments: