Friday, April 17, 2009

Pine Pile Pick Up.

4-17-09 VERMONT: We came up yesterday, yesterday and today were warm and sunny with a steady breeze. Things here are dry. Usually at this point in the spring, the fields are wet, the yard is wet, there are standing pools and mud everywhere. The snow is gone except for the piles under the eaves and plow piles. The remaining snow piles are almost visible shrinking except when they’re in shade. The pond is ice free and the fish are active. I think I heard one frog this afternoon. If it was a frog there should soon be a whole opera’s worth.

I repaired a plow damaged wall and started the clean up of the debris from the damaged pine trees. In December, there was an ice storm that caused severe damage to pine trees, almost exclusively pine trees, see my entry of 12-20-08. Now that the snow is gone I started picking up pine branch piles. In fact I spent all day pushing the carts full of pine trash to composting sites. There is more for tomorrow if I recover from today.

The dogs are pleased to be here. The Goldens are wearing out the pond and Chloe was chasing airplanes all day.

In bloom: snowdrops, maple trees.


Snowdrops, that thing that looks like an albino seal is a snow pile.

No comments: