Thursday, April 23, 2009

Time Travel.

4-23-09 SHORT HILLS: Back in NJ. In the spring, and fall, I get the sensation of time travel when I go from NJ to VT and back. I just went from Vermont in late winter with snowdrops and crocus open and snow banks slowly melting to NJ in mid-spring with flowers, trees and shrubs in bloom, grass growing, leaves open on trees and shrubs, and some pollinators out. I was jolted a month into the future by driving south. Perhaps, I blundered into a different space-time continuum at a highway rest-stop.

It is still cold and rainy and windy. The shorts are still in the closet, but, maybe, this weekend it’ll be time.

New Blooms: saucer magnolia, pear, kerria, blood root, grape hyacinth, trout lily, dandelion.


Pear Tree Blossom, the flower in the center has not opened as much as the others.

Trout Lily, named, I guess, for the leaf markings.

Grape Hyacinth.

No comments: