Sunday, August 15, 2010

Herb Garden Coming Up.

8-15-10 VERMONT: Yesterday, I finished the walkway after a trip to the brickyard. Bricks, basic model, are $1.11 each. Then I started working on the flower bed below the south end of the deck. It’s a small bed, very weedy with siberian iris, geranium and a few jacobs ladder. I want to turn it into an herb garden, it’s that close to the kitchen. I weeded it, pulling out mostly grass, clover, and goldenrod.

Today was cool, it barely got out of the sixties. I started pulling flowers out of that bed, digging them up with root balls. Most of them were moved to the propane tank area and a couple of iris clumps I tried in the pond, near the edge by the water lilies. The bed is about half emptied.

Canada Tuesday.

New blooms: white star [native] clematis.


Chickadee working on sunflower seeds.

Hummingbird deciding if the feeder is red enough.

No comments: