Friday, June 24, 2011

Plenty of Puddles.

6-24-11 VERMONT: Yesterday it rained most of the day, and I was outside for only a few minutes between showers. I split a few logs and emptied the rain water out the boat. Today the rain stopped, except for an occasional drizzle in late morning, and I got most of the flower beds weeded and pruned most of the shrubs around the house. I cleaned out the culvert again, staked a few plants, cleaned up the trimmings before the rain started again. So far we have had about 1.6 inches, but more is falling.

It has been cold, foggy, clammy, wet, overcast, soggy and, of course, rainy. I was working in Wellingtons, a jacket, heavy shirt to stay warm. We have had fires the last two nights.

New blooms: summer sweet, more spirea, feverfew.


Luna Moth. A bit bedraggled, but still impressive. Moths rest with wings spread, butterflies with wings together and upright. Moths have fuzzy antennae as seen here in yellow.

No comments: