Friday, July 08, 2011

Bench Player.

7-8-11 VERMONT: We had a T-storm the night before last and got 0.25 inches of rain in about an hour. The previous storm, on 7-3, gave us a nearby lightening hit that knocked out the garage GFI outlet that I had to replace. Yesterday was beautiful, but today a bit cool and overcast.

I have been working on all the benches for a few days. The hardest part, so far, was getting the rotted wood slats and rusted bolts off the metal frames. I have ripped new slats from wood stock, but re-used some decent wood also, edged with the router, sanded as needed, drilled new holes, cleaned up the frames, painted them flat black and painted the new slats dark green. Today I got one partly re-assembled.

I kept up with the weeding and veggie care. The tomatoes have shown signs of blight with leaves at the base of the stems wilting and turning yellow with dark spots. I cut them of and throw in the garbage, not the compost pile. The plants still look fine, and most have developing fruit. The corn is thigh high.

New blooms: hydrangea, clematis, pickerelweed.


Clematis climbing up to the deck.

From the Fourth, Strafford, VT green. between the meeting house on the hill and the tent, there's a tug-of-war being waged. Ultimatetly the team in the foreground lost.

In answer to a recent question, I use a Canon SX 200 IS camera. I like it because it has a 12X zoom and is pocket size.

No comments: