Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Flowers and Rain.

6-26-12 VERMONT: It’s cold and clammy here, everyone is wearing sweaters, and we might have a fire tonight. When we arrived there was 2.4 inches of rain in the gauge, and since I emptied it, it has been raining.

I got outside yesterday during periods of drizzle to do a bit of work. I cleared the culvert, only to have it refill with the next downfall. I put up supports for a lot of drooping plants, and did some weeding and pruning. There’s another week’s worth of weeding and pruning waiting for me.

New blooms: native daylily, baptisia, filipendula, campanula, rogersia, salvia, Russian sage, feverfew, ground sedum, first hosta, vetch, indian paintbrush, pyrola.

 
This sweet wildflower grows in the woods. The whole plant is below.

Here's the whole plant with the flower stalk and leaves close to the ground. Give up? It's called roundleaf pyrola.

And what's prettier than today's daylilies.

No comments: