Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Rainy Day.

6-12-12 SHORT HILLS: Before we left VT yesterday morning, there were two new blooms—peony and foxglove. That peony was one that I have been spraying for that black leaf fungus or mold, spraying seems to be doing it.

In NJ things looked a bit dry, but timely rain has solved the issue. I was looking around after we got back and flushed a deer in the yard. All the hosta leaves had been eaten, and new growth on several shrubs was gone.

I had a comment from ‘Delphi77’ who wanted to know what kind of camera I use, as her/his profile has no contact info, I’ll list it here. I have used SLR cameras in the past, but now use a Canon PowerShot SX230 HS. It has a good zoom, 14x, and macro feature for the flowers and, most importantly, fits in a pocket, with a little squeeze. If your camera isn’t in your pocket, you don’t get the shot.

New blooms: daylily.
 
 Daylily, native, always a treat to see them declare the beginning of summer.
 Foxglove from VT.
 
Lynn, here's Judy's table happily nestled in its new home.

No comments: