Saturday, May 04, 2013

First Azaleas.

5-4-13 SHORT HILLS: The days remain warm and sunny and, unfortunately, too dry. The lawn guys were here today to mow the jungle.

I have pulled all the wild garlic mustard I could find. There was, so far, much less than last year when I had also weeded a lot. Perhaps I'm getting it under control? It's probably too soon to say. Incidentally, it is in bloom. I also did more tree pruning on the dead yew and did a couple downed bamboos and cut it all up for a dump run.

Gus and Nick are more tolerant of Maizie, and Gus actually did some puppy play with her.

I am mostly out of the boot, doing PT and driving.

New blooms: French lilac, wood hyacinth, garlic mustard, red azalea.


Maizie and Nick getting along better.

Apple blossoms.

French lilac.

Lilac, the perfume doesn't show in the picture.

No comments: