Sunday, August 04, 2013

Summer is starting to Wane.

8-4-13 VERMONT: Time slips by, sorry, dear reader that I haven't posted. Whatever. It continues to rain every night, about 0.75 inches over the last few days. It means that I can’t get started on my projects until things dry out each day.

I have replaced that bad sill and siding, but am waiting for dry to glue it and screw it. In front of the old house I pulled off the rotted skirt boards and replaced some, except where the underlying wood was wet. Nothing was badly rotted there. I will need more of the Azek boards, I have used more of it than I expected to.

The days are noticeably shorter and goldenrod and Queen Anne’s lace are blooming in the pasture, summer is showing its age.

New blooms: goldenrod, Queen Anne’s lace, black-eyed susan.


Six water lilies and three green frogs.

Helenium, also called 'sneeze weed'.

Another hollyhock.

No comments: