Monday, May 26, 2014

Back to VT.

5-26-14 VERMONT: There was no traffic this morning, and I made good time. It’s warm here but with a few sprinkles this afternoon.

I planted the basil and parsley that I brought up. The thyme and oregano didn’t survive the winter, but the tarragon and chives did. In the veggie bed, I also planted the corn and the tomatoes that I had, some grown from seed and some bought.

In bloom: apple, quince, lilac, Mohican viburnum, lamium, dandelion, forget-me-not, violet, bleeding heart, epimedium, ajuga, wild strawberry, spurge, hellebore, jack-in-the-pulpit, Virginia blue bells, pulmonaria, trillium, vinca, geranium.


Trillium has three petals, bracts and leaves. It also does red and pink.

The bleeding hearts are everywhere, except the original bed.

They also come in white.

No comments: