Sunday, March 27, 2022

Cold Wave Starting.

3-27-22 SHORT HILLS: We escaped VT ahead of forecast rain and snow, expecting that the roads would get muddier than they already were. Back in NJ, the grass is green, crocus, forsythia and squill are out, but the next three nights are predicted to be in the low twenties, which may freeze a lot of the expanding buds.


I woke up this morning about 6:30. The sky was light, but the sun wasn’t up yet. Looking out the bedroom window, I saw a turkey standing high up in our big elm tree. When I was sure that I was actually awake, I ran for the camera. The bird was in the tree for at least a half hour, and changed spots a couple times before flying away. Getting a well focused, pic was hard because of all the branches in the way.


We had brunch at Bar Boulud this morning with Sarah and Jon. Sunday morning traffic is a breeze, both in and out of the city.


New blooms: squill, pussy willow, pachysandra.

Crocus are such a sweet surprise in the early spring.
Here's another.
I have to look for these, Siberian squill, otherwise they blend in with the leaf liter.
Pussy willow.
Here's what I saw when I opened my eyes high up in the elm tree just to the right of the flag pole.
A closer look--it is a turkey.
With a long lens.
The sun is up so we're out of here.

No comments: