Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Another Sunny Day.

5-22-07 VERMONT: I finally finished pulling daylilies out of the big bed, except for a few off by themselves and a few singles in the middle of other things, and moved them to other spots. I started filling all the holes and re-laying the pavers. I put out all the hoses to water the transplants and the new plants to come. All that new space to fill, it’s almost erotic.

I saw a Baltimore oriole yesterday, first time I’ve seen one here, the hummers found the feeder, the fish are awake and hitting the flies on the pond and I saw a snake sunning on an outcrop. The mallards were on the pond for a long time yesterday and ignored us nearby residents. Chloe spends all her spare time, when she’s not frog hunting, stalking the woodchuch who lives under the little barn. The woodchuck has front, back and side doors, so the dog is busy circling the barn or just sitting and waiting. She still has to chase the airplanes away too.

I hate to say it, but we need rain.

New blooms: creeping phlox, ajuga. Pix after broadband set up.

No comments: