Friday, May 25, 2007

Hot Day.

5-25-07 VERMONT: Yesterday the broadband satellite went on the small barn. It needed almost 300 feet of cable to bring the signal to the computer, about 250 of which I spent this morning burying. Satellite service isn’t as fast as cable, but far better than dial-up. Yesterday after the satellite hook-up, I planted in the bed below the deck where the daylilies were: six hollyhocks, a filipendula and a meadowsweet. In the new terrace bed, I planted four delphiniums and three foxgloves in the sunny part and in the shady part close to the road, a brunnera, a hellebore and three lady’s mantles. In the shady part of the new bed under the apple tree, I added a lingularia, two tiarellas and a columbine. Today I added a few transplants to the new bed, some wild ginger, cranes bill, fever few and a hesperis and then planted sun flower seeds at the back of the sunny part. I also planted the tomatoes, pumpkins, herbs and peppers. Phew.

Judy and I buried Fanny’s ashes and put up a marker for her.

I saw the oriole again the morning, yesterday we saw a red fox and a woodchuck, today the crawfish are out in the pond. The catbirds and evening grossbeaks are back. Yesterday and today set high temp records different places around the state, we were 90° this afternoon.

New blooms: mohican viburnum, sweet woodruff.

No comments: