Tuesday, April 10, 2012

New Kwanzan.

4-10-12 SHORT HILLS: We came back to NJ on the red-eye Sunday night and spent yesterday recovering. Yesterday was very dry and very windy, causing several brush fires to pop up. We had a new shower of branches to clean up today. Things are very dry here, we need a lot of rain.

This morning I moved all the tomatoes to roomier quarters and then dug up the dead cherry tree, the bark stripped off by a buck honing his antlers. I filled the hole with a new Kwanzan Cherry [Prunus serrulata ‘Kwanzan’]. While I was at the nursery, I got some perennials to plant tomorrow. I’ll list them all after they’re in the ground.

I have more San José pix below. We did get to the double-header and were impressed with the pitcher in the second game and the catcher in the first one.

New blooms: mertensia, yellow lamium, pink lamium, red bud, white daffodils, Kwanzan cherry tree, snowball viburnum.


This rose and the one below are from the Rose Garden in San José.


A very big Southern Magnolia.

Fast ball for a strike.

Battery mate, but on a different team.

No comments: