Monday, September 22, 2014

Autumnal Equinox.

9-22-14 SHORT HILLS: Welcome to Fall. This morning the sun crossed the Equator to begin the southern hemisphere’s summer and to begin our winter season. So far there’s no snow or ice as today was sunny and warm with a nice breeze.

I went to the Farm today, a large local nursery, and bought a pussy willow, Salix discolor, and added it to the swampy spot in our yard. Actually at this time of the year it’s pretty dry, but it will be soggy again in the Spring. I also did some pruning and left the cuttings at the dump. And in a fit of enthusiasm, I leveled some uneven flagstones in the patio by the back door.

While I was at the Farm, I noticed that they are selling, as a Fall bloomer, the weed that I spent days pulling up last week. I showed its picture in the last post. I was too shocked to get its name. Who knew.

We had a great meal with Ellen and Bruce at Blu in Montclair a few nights ago, back when it was still summer.


Roses are always a treat.

Nice sky one evening last week.

No comments: