Friday, September 12, 2014

Clinging Vines.

9-12-14 SHORT HILLS: The weather has been lovely, sunny, warm in the afternoon and cool at night. I turned the sprinklers back on because some of the shrubs are looking wilted.

I have been back in the yard doing weeding and pruning. There were several wild grape vines, some quite substantial, growing on shrubs. I have been pulling them up, once or twice a year, only to find them regrown. Tired of the repetition, I cut them off at the root line and sprayed the roots with Roundup® when the root was not near something desirable. I hope to not be seeing them again.

In bloom: [forgot to mention in the last post] white star clematis.


Silver-spotted Skipper, silver and gold wing spots, on a butterfly bush, of course.

Silver-spotted Skipper, if you look closely, you can count six legs, two antennas and a black tongue.

...and that big black eye. The tongue is visible again here.

No comments: