Saturday, September 27, 2014

New Plants.

9-27-14 SHORT HILLS: The weather has been lovely and included a rainy day that gave us a half-inch. The last time I was at the Farm, I saw a red butterfly bush, and I have been lusting after it since. So I went back and bought it. Yesterday I added it to the new birdhouse bed. Its name is Buddleia x ‘Miss Molly’.

I also got a summersweet, Clethra alnifolia ‘Hummingbird’, that I added to the swampy bed. It tolerates wet feet and shade so should work well with the pussy willow and the bayberry that are already there.

I also got four plumbago, leadwort, Ceratostigma plumbaginoides, that I added to the living room window bed, and two mukdenia, Mukdenia rossi ‘Crimson Fans’ that I put by the pussy willow. Both of these groundcovers are shade tolerant.

New blooms: sedum.


Butterfly bush in red, very red.

Sedum - for late color.

Plumbago, leadwort, has blue flowers and red foliage in the fall and works as a ground cover.

No comments: