Friday, October 10, 2014

Starting Close Up.

10-10-14 VERMONT: Happy Birthday, Alison! There’s been a bit of rain here, but only at night, and the days have been great for working. I wanted to clear the flower beds this trip, but they’re still mostly green so I have to wait until the plants are dormant.

I did pull all the bed border guards and plant supports except for the ones that stay up over the winter. I took down the veggie fencing and tomato supports and pulled up the plastic mulching. The veggie bed that I have used for about ten years has grown too shady so I will move it for next year. I already laid plastic mulch to kill the pasture turf in the new spot with full sun. I did some weed whacking and killed a few invasives with Roundup®. I weeded part of the terrace bed.

New blooms: a last rose of summer opened today.


Nice sky last night...

More sky...

Final cloud before lights out.

No comments: