Sunday, October 12, 2014

Tomato Surprise.

10-12-14 VERMONT: Judy and the dogs have arrived to share the nice weather. We have had a couple cool nights with patchy frost and parts of some of the beds are now ready to clear. I cut down dormant plants in parts of the wall beds and the porch bed and the bed by the deck. That generated six cartloads of clippings that I dumped in the pasture. I discovered a tomato plant in the bed by the deck, still alive and bearing yellow flowers, but no fruit. I have no idea where it came from, or how it survived the cold weather when all the veggie-garden tomatoes are long dead.

Judy put away all the outside rockers, and together we stored the yard benches. Chores dictated by the changing season. One more day and I will have done all I can at this point.


Is that a UFO?

No - a hot-air balloon.

Gus says to Brady and Machiatto, "I can't believe you guys actually eat this stuff."

No comments: