Sunday, November 06, 2016

‘And darkness fell over the earth…’

11-6-16 VERMONT: ‘And darkness fell over the earth…’ It’s not about Trump, or not just about Trump, but it’s about the time change. I always hate the change back to EST and the early darkness. I understand that kids need morning light to go to school, but the darkness at 5 PM is depressing.

I haven’t said much about politics this election, but I’m definitely with her.

Well, back to the gardens, I have finished the front of the house and the north terrace beds and the hybrid daylily bed. It took another two days with 3-4 cartloads, or tarp loads, of cuttings and rakings each day. The weather has been cooperating. It’s been in the forties and breezy with occasional sun. The wind does make the tarp hard to use because it gets blown around. Yesterday there was still air after a morning drizzle ended. Today I do the veggie bed.


First time we've ever had a cardinal at our feeder in VT.

Pink clouds...

Bigger pix.

Apple eaters, there were about six robins in this tree eating the apples. Nice to see that somebody has a use for the crab apples. I'm a little surprised that these guys haven't moved on and are still here.

No comments: