Saturday, June 09, 2018

Last Concert of the Season.

6-9-18 SHORT HILLS: We have had more lovely days with afternoon temps at 80° or so, and nighttime temps in the sixties. I did more pruning and trimming and am about done here, but whenever I am outside, I see something else that I missed.

When the black pine near the house fell in one of the winter storms, its root ball lifted several big flagstone pavers that were next to the tree. At the time I just pushed them back in place. Later I trimmed the root ball and roots, replanted the spot after adding soil and making a mound of the residual stump. Yesterday I repositioned and re-leveled the pavers.

A few nights ago we heard the final NY Phil concert of the season, a nice program of Mozart and Tchaikovsky. We had dinner at Café Fiorello beforehand with my Aunt Jean.

New blooms: hibiscus.


Hibisicus seems to enjoy its outdoor summer vacation.

Gus looking stately.

This hydrangea is an addition this year which is why it's already in bloom. I like the color. Even when the plant's tag tells you what the color should be, its always a bit of a surprise.

The incredible complexity of the spirea flower clusters.

No comments: