Thursday, March 14, 2024

A Taste of May.

3-14-24 SHORT HILLS: It’s Pi Day, and Judy informs me, Albert Einstein’s birthday. I started the day with an attack of vertigo, a first for me. Is it the first sign of some new, dread disease or just because I’ve got a stuffy nose?   Time will tell, I guess. It happened just after I awoke, but was still lying on my back in bed. I felt like the bed was suddenly standing on end and I was sliding off onto my head. I knew I wasn’t moving and after several seconds it was gone, but recurred when I sat up and again when I stood up. There were a couple brief further episodes, but nothing for several hours. Is that the end, or will it be back?


We were in NYC to visit Emmett on Sunday. He is Growing and Developing. His parents were there also. We had dinner with Bill, and he was here to visit a couple of days ago in the afternoon. We sat outside in the sun. Last night we had dinner with Bette and Lonnie. This weekend we go to VT for the week and for the solar panels installation.


This week the weather has been like May. Daffodils and crocuses are open, the elm trees and maple trees are in bloom, a cherry tree has huge pink buds. Vinca is in flower. Next week though is forecast to be back in February.   


The birds have been eating tons of sunflower seeds and suet blocks. We have lots of house sparrows and house finches this spring, but not so many grackles. The juncos have moved on.

Vinca minor flower cluster.
Emmett learning to point.

No comments: