Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Country Chores.

5-26-10 VERMONT: It was ninety five today which probably set a new record. I felt every degree as I ran around doing a bunch of chores. I’m sure I’ll forget half of what I did. Here are some that I remember: put 40 pounds of barley straw pellets in the pond [it decomposes slowly releasing peroxide that clears algae], put up electric fencing to keep the horse from eating the satellite broadband receiver, the blue berry bushes and the roses, yes the horse eats the rose bushes [is that an example of horse sense?], dug out a piece of drain pipe that surfaced on the bottom of the pond, reset a couple pavers, updated the license plate on the boat trailer, cleaned a mouse nest out of the garage, put out the hammock [and tried it out for two minutes], and changed water filters in both houses.

New blooms: meadow rue, roses, buttercup, red clover, golden alexander.


Tomorrow we bid adieu to the frog ranch.

No comments: